As the trend toward electric vehicles (EVs) gains momentum, drivers are actively seeking destinations equipped with charging stations when planning their journeys.
Exciting news for eligible businesses and councils in regional NSW, the NSW government is allocating $20 million to co-fund the purchase and installation of EV chargers at your location through the Drive electric NSW EV destination charging grant.
You can join the ranks of forward-thinking businesses that have already signed on this opportunity. With up to 75% coverage of their expenses, these businesses now host charging stations and have compelling success stories to share.
Understand the Offer
The NSW Government is committed to supporting businesses by covering:
Verify Your Eligibility
- 75% of the cost for eligible 7 kW and/or 22 kW electric vehicle chargers.
- 75% of installation costs (capped at $3,000 per charging port).
- 75% of the first-year expenses for an eligible annual EV charger software subscription.
Ensure your site meets the criteria:
- Located in an eligible regional NSW local government area (LGA).
- Designated as an approved destination type per the guidelines.
- Listed on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW).
- Limited to no more than 4 existing EV charging ports.
Find the full details around the grant eligibility and apply online on the NSW government website.